We help people change lives.


          A work permit is a written authorization to work in Canada issued by an officer to a foreign national (Immigration and Refugee Protection Act). Depending on the applicant's circumstance, a work permit may or may not be needed. It may or may not also require a Labour Market Opinion (LMO). In some cases, to speed up application, you can apply for a work permit when you arrive at the 'point of entry' (i.e. airport, land border). J. Mendoza & Associates can assess the options for you. Call us. 

          It's common that a work permit issued to a worker carries restrictions particularly the employer you work for or the job that you do. An open work permit allows you to work with any employer or any job (except those that require security clearance) within the effective period of your work permit. There are circumstances that will allow you to apply for an open work permit. Ask us how.

          In cases where you do not qualify for an open work permit, you can still get that second job --- legally. By applying for a second work permit, you can take that second job without violating Canadian immigration laws.

         Aside from you, your spouse or partner can also get an open work permit depending on the circumstance by which you were given your work permit. This allows your partner to work in Canada with the same period as you work here with any employer or any job. This can be done at the same time or after you get your own work permit.

          Gaining a Canadian work experience under the skilled category allows you to qualify to more permanent residency programs. If you are currently working under a semi-skilled work permit, you may want to consider the option of applying for a work permit under a skilled occupation. 

          If you plan to move to a different job with the same employer or a different one, you can change conditions of your work permit. Remember, if you don't have an open work permit, you need to change first the conditions of your work permit before you can start working with your new job.

          If you exceeded your stay in Canada beyond the expiry of your work permit, you have effectively lost status. To be able to work again legally, you will need to apply for the restoration of your status before you can apply for your new work permit. 

          If you have a valid study permit, you can apply for an off-campus or intern/coop work permit.  See the Study in Canada section of this website for more information.

          If you graduated from a Canadian post-secondary school, you can apply to obtain a post-graduation work permit that allows you to gain a skilled  Canadian work experience that will later help you qualify under the Canadian Experience Class to become a permanent resident of Canada.

"We serve all clients across Canada. We also serve international clients."

For Inquiries:
Call 1-800-842-1441

or fill out the form below (we'll respond within the day):

Note: We do not search for  employers in behalf of foreign workers at this time. However, if you find a Canadian employer, we can help you with whatever documentation is needed to get you to work in Canada, subject to govt. approval.

Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you within the day or you may call us toll-free at 1-800-842-1441.
Oops. An error occurred.
Click here to try again.